I have had the song Count Your Blessings in my mind lately, so here I go:
1. We have been adjusting to life in a new culture and climate with minimal stress. Thank you Lord!
2. Randy's current work project requires him to run all over the station (about 1km from end to end). More than once he commented how much easier it would be to do this on a bike instead of walking...our church family heard of this and took a special bike offering. He now has a great bike that helps him speed all over the station. Thank you Lord!
3. We didn't know where the funds for Emma's schooling at the MK school would come from, but they are coming in from unexpected gifts. Thank you Lord!
4. We got to get off-station for a trip to Goroka last weekend while Randy attended a Mission Technology Conference. A great time of learning, sharing & connecting for Randy and a great time of exploring and new experiences for all. Thank you Lord!
5. I had the opportunity to go to a Woman's gathering in the Ming district. What an amazing experience. Hearing the messages that God had given to Gail Dooley and Kathy Radcliffe to share was great. Hearing the testimonies of the women who shared the ride home with us was awe inspiring. Thank you Lord!
6. We have had some chilly evenings/mornings so I was trying to figure out how to get some extra blankets for the kids. A gentleman that was here with a Work & Witness team from Missouri sent me an email telling me that he and his wife had made and sent some fleece blankets for the kids. Thank you Lord!
7. Randy and I are doing a parenting class with 2 national couples. It has been a great time to get to know these people and get away for one evening a week. Three visiting college students took turns watching our kids each week for the past couple of months so we could do this. Thank you Lord!
8. The other two missionary families that have kids around the same ages as mine are heading back to the states in December for 4 months of Home Assignment. I didn't want our first Christmas away from Port Orchard to be lonely for the kids, with no friends or family to celebrate with. Nana & Papa are arriving on December 18th for a 6 week stay. Thank you Lord!
9. We live next to the Guest House on station and we have had a stream of neighbors to get to know and kids for mine to play with. There are some great people serving in all kinds of different ways here in PNG. Thank you Lord!
10. God has been true to His promise to meet all of our needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. THANK YOU LORD!!!!
There is nothing special about 10, but those came to mind this morning...I could keep going for quite a while but I have to go to town for groceries (thank you Lord for your provision!). I would encourage you to take a few moments to review and write down some of the blessings in your own life. It is too easy to miss them.... don't let them slip by with out thanking the One that all good and perfect things come from!